Sunday 22 January 2012

Writing and Painting

I've been working towards doing something on a bigger scale for my writing project, and today I suddenly realised that I had the perfect space to do this at home - on the bit of 'temporary wall' which is soon to be transformed into large folding glass doors to the garden.

I found I had about half a roll of decorators' lining paper.   I taped two pieces (using up all I had) onto the wall and then did some script writing using a diluted acrylic and a largish brush.  The process itself was both fun and liberating, and the resulting images looked good.    


I rushed off to buy another roll, and used this to cover the entire space, which is about 7'6" square.  It took a bit of patience to get the papers all taped up and together,  but was worth it for the exhilaration of doing the painting, using two chairs to stand on, and stepping from one to the other so that I could travel right across the 'canvas', working from one side to the other and back again, painting as I went.  Great fun!







I very much liked the results.  I don't quite know how or if I can transport them to college for the assessment session next week, but I will have a good try.


No comments:

Post a Comment