Sunday 8 January 2012

Inspiration for writing project

While I've been looking up all kinds of artists' work, I need to record also that some of the work which my two daughters have done in their own art work has also influenced my choice of this project.

The first one is by Lizzie Thomas, down for her GCSE Art in about 2000, and is made of broken bits of old vinyl records, and the words are a transcription of  Bob Dylan's The times they are a changing'.


The next two were done by Charlie Thomas as part of her BA Contemporary Textile Practice at Cardiff School of Art in 2006.  I remember going with Charlie to an exhibition at the former Saatchi Gallery in the old County Hall building on the South Bank, in about 2005, where one of Fiona Banner's pieces was installed.



I have all these piece on my walls at home.  More about Charlie's art works  on her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment