Monday 23 January 2012

More Writing and Painting

I had some paint to use up after the wall writing exercise at home, so I decided to try a medium-sized approach, and drew a series of single 'characters' onto a heap of sheets of A4 cartridge paper.

It was interesting to do individual large designs, done rapidly so I didn't have time to consciously think and design' the outcomes.

I wasn't sure what to do with them, but brought them into college today anyway.

In the end I taped them together to make a series of accordion books,  which, if I can work out how to do it, would look good hung in vertical columns, rather like Chinese banner writing.



The books would benefit from some good binding and a handsome cover with a writing image, but I'm not sure I'll have time to do this before Monday's assessment session.

No comments:

Post a Comment