Tuesday 22 November 2011

College week 11/3 22nd November drawing



This afternoon we all had a session of drawing with Abi, who produced a large box from the Museum, full of small boxes, each containing a tiny bird's skull. Our task was to select a skull and draw it exhaustively, using as many different kinds of drawing tool and technique we could.  There was also a single human skull, and a horses skull.  I started out with a puffin skull, but the poor light (and my old eyes) made it very hard for me to see the detail.  So I opted for the human skull (which wasn't complete - it had 'borrowed' a jaw-bone from elsewhere) and it also had a slice cut out of the eye-brow bone.  However, I tried my best to draw it.  I found it hard going, and I wasn't too happy with the results, some shown here:  






Moral: I need to do lots more drawing, I don't find it easy, and practice would help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment