Monday 21 November 2011

College week 11/1 Research Folders 21st November

Today we had a group tutorial with Mark, mostly about our research files.  Mine is at present mainly this blog, but I realise that I need to do more by way of:-
(a) referencing;
(b) commenting on how I respond to the many artists whose work I look up;
(c) making it clear what is research for a specific project, and what is more general, e.g. in support of our art history letters;
(d) making sure I record all the galleries and exhibitions I go and see, however small or grand;
and finally
(e) keeping it in some kind of order so I can show people and also so I can find things myself at a later date.

In other words, I need to revise what I've already done, and do a good deal more.

I think I will also need to maintain a paper file - not least because i pick up flyers and exhibition catalogues, etc, and need somewhere to store them.  Plus bits from the newspapers (although often they're available on-line a well).  So, lots more work to be done on my research...

No comments:

Post a Comment