Friday 4 May 2012

4th May: more scattered strips

Today I tried to develop my strip paintings from last week, bt continuing to cut them up and re-order these secondary fragments, as I began to do on tuesday at college.

Firstly I cut the strips I'd made on Tuesday into yet smaller pieces, and then rearranged them into a random heap on the kitchen table...


 And then into an increasingly conscious arrangement to replicate the sense of scattering/exploding which was in my very first thinking about the project theme...



I liked this result, but it didn't look so well on the table, so I repeated the whole thing onto a sheet of black paper, and i liked this better

So I painstakingly glued them down, one by one, as seen here...  The complete piece is about 3 feet square.


I think I may try to do something with this via photoshop: the sense of fragmentation is heading in the right direction for the effect I have been trying to achieve, and I am also getting keen on the idea of producing some prints as part of the final piece(s).   My photoshop skills are not very advanced, so this may be quite a stretch for me and there is no longer a great deal of time for wholly new things.





No comments:

Post a Comment