Friday 2 December 2011

Maps Project, contour lines again, 3rd december

Alongisde the work on print and stitch, I have done some more contour cutting.  Just because it is rather fun and I like the results.  I made another sketch-book, this time with two different contour cut-outs, designed to be read from the smallest cutting , turning the pages one by one to reveal the whole 'hole' in the middle.  Separately, I assembled the cut-out sections to make a small relief of the imaginary hills I had recorded.






Not terribly clever or meaningful, but fun to do and interesting to explore the pages.  Also, it's possible to hold the book like a flick-book so the 'hole' or the mountain contours flop open in a rapid stream, emphasising the tactile, playful nature of this construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment