Tuesday 27 March 2012

paper works


Beautiful work in paper by German artist Helene Tschacher (her website is here, from which all the following images are copied).  She has done amazingly interesting things with cut and folded paper.  I particularly like the way this work uses old paper but leaves slices and glimmers of the old text visible, and sometimes uses the dark colour of the printing to add depth to her assemblages.






This kind of work is inspirational for my own final project, where I want to re-use and re-form essentially ordinary printed A4 paper, symbolising my journey into creativity, and away from my old professional life of government reports, academic articles and essays.    I am still floundering around thinking of ways to express this - either by tearing my paper up and scattering it to the four winds somehow, or of pulping it to make 3D objects (or more paper??), or alternately to use it unchanged, but to create something interesting and hopefully tactile from the swathes of text I used to deal with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment