Wednesday 27 June 2012

Taking it all back home


Today was packing up day, last day in college, and results day.  All rather sad, but also joyful.

It is interesting how much quicker it is to take something down, than to put it up!  College was stripped bare by 10.30, while it had taken days to get it all cleaned and tidy and hung.  Hmm. 

Here is my pile of things, looking rather forlorn, and ready for a taxi home.


I decided to bring all the cut strips home.  I think they still have life in them, and if all else fails, I can turn them into paper mache bowls.....


Oh, and we got our results, and I was delighted and not a little stunned to get a Distinction!

Doing Foundation has been an absolutely brilliant thing, has transformed the way I think about art, myself, things in general. has given me new skills and awareness, some new friends, and a new direction.  I am so grateful to the college and the tutorial team for leading us through it all, and for being such great people. 

So now for a long summer, keeping myself busy (there is lots to be done) and trying to focus a little on print-making and what I want to get out of the MA course at UWE.  And doing as much as I can of drawing, mark-making, printing, photography, looking at art, and thinking.  And perhaps, even, remembering how to use my sewing machine and doing a bit of much-neglected quilting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment