Sunday 29 April 2012

More drawing and paper shreds


Among the pieces I made the other day, I rather liked the ones where you could still see glimpses of the text - especially obvious when I actually glued down, onto black paper, some of the cut up get form printed documents.   They looked good in photographs, because you can see snippets of the text emerging. They didn't look so good 'in the flesh' because I had assembled it rather roughly, you can see the glue, it just looks like a jumble of sippers of paper.





However, I liked the idea of mixing up fragments of text, so today I tried cutting strips of text from the CoI documents, and then scattering them onto the bed of my printer/scanner/copier - to see what kind of image I got when concentrating on random rearrangement of the words, or fragments of text.  This looked better than the glued version, but there are lots of shadows on the photocopied image, and I ma not sure how to iron these out.

The first few were done with scraps from my shredder, so the bits are very small and a bit crinkled from being squeezed through the shredder blades.





The later ones, shown below, were done with strips of text which I had cut out carefully, so you can see whole words or phrases...




I might try putting these into Photoshop and see what happens with various manipulations.  I could also think about enlarging al or parts of the image.   More to explore here, perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment