Monday 23 April 2012

college: final project - making progress

Today I had a very constructive tutorial session with matt about my project. I confessed to having got thoroughly stuck and talked about trying to get back to my original, indeed central idea.  Matt picked up on the dynamic of 'tearing it up' and 'throwing it to the four winds' and we explored various ideas for capturing this sense of change and movement, which might involve filming the movement of my shreds of paper, in some way.  He also urged me to get on and try doing something with suspended shreds, since that is what I keep coming back to.  There is actually only 6 weeks left, so not much studio time, nor time to work at home either.  So it is right that I need to plunge in now and do some real creating.  Full of ideas, so tomorrow I will make another start.  IN the meantime, in college I did some rather slow and laborious cutting of thin shreds of get - from old history essays again.   I tried scattering these randomly, and liked the kind of patterns they make.




I will do more on this at home later in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment