Monday 17 October 2011

Life sometimes gets in the way

Today the  builders moved in and life will be chaotic for at least6 weeks while Duncan, Benjie and Leon do fantastic things to extend the kitchen at the back of my terraced house.  There will, in due course, be shiny new Aga (I am resisting all attempts to make me feel guilty about the gas consumption: I am frugal in most other methods of energy-consumption), and folding glass doors opening right across the back of the house onto my tiny but in due course beautifully ranged garden.  Can't wait, and Duncan promises it will be all done well before Christmas...but my timing is not wonderful as the weather promises to turn Nordic any day now.  However, Lizzie (daughter urgently sharing my house) and i have lots of experience of living with builders and their mess.  It will all be well worth it in the end.  And for the time being, there is no point worrying too much about cleaning the house.... and several good reasons to eat supper elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment